Feedback control and Biomolecular systems
Hori group's research interests are in feedback control theory, optimization and their application to synthetic biology. Our research works are particularly focused on streamlining the process of biocircuit synthesis from systems and control engineering perspectives. For this purpose, we combine tools in feedback control theory and mathematical optimization to develop system theoretic model identification, analysis and design methodologies. Our research also includes development of system-oriented experimental platforms such as combined computational and microfluidic devices that can supplement model prediction with theoretically meaningful data.
Keywords: feedback control, synthetic biology, DNA circuits, optimization, microfluidics
- Sep. 14th, 2021: Yutaka Hori is going to present "Theory-based Design and Control of Biomolecular Systems" in the Tutorial Workshop at IFAC Conference on Modelling, Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems (MICNON 2021).
- Sep. 2021: Seishu Hara is going to present "Modeling and Stability Analysis for Multi-Agent Molecular Communication Systems: A Case Study for Two Agents" at SICE2021.
- May. 2021: Our paper "Spatial Frequency based Characterization of Disturbance Rejection in Molecular Communication Systems" by Taishi Kotsuka and Yutaka Hori was accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Molecular, Biological, and Multi-Scale Communications (T-MBMC).
- Mar. 2021: Our paper "Model-free two-step design for improving transient learning performance in nonlinear optimal regulator problems" by Y. Masumoto, Y. Okawa, T. Sasaki, Y. Hori is available at arXiv (preprint)
- Mar. 2021: Our paper "Robust Instability Radius for Multi-agent Dynamical Systems with Cyclic Structure" by S. Hara, T. Iwasaki, Y. Hori will be presented at SICE International Symposium on Control Systems (ISCS) (preprint)
- Feb. 2021: Our paper "Interval Analysis of Worst-case Stationary Moments for Stochastic Chemical Reactions with Uncertain Parameters" by Y. Sakurai and Y. Hori is available at arXiv. (preprint)
- Nov. 2020: "Microfiber-shaped programmable materials with stimuli-responsive hydrogel" by N. Takeuchi, S. Nakajima, R. Kawano, Y. Hori and H. Onoe is accepted for publication in Soft Robotics.
- Aug. 2020: Our new paper "Instability Margin Analysis with Application to Biological Oscillations" by Shinji Hara, Tetsuya Iwasaki and Yutaka Hori is now available at arXiv. preprint.
- Jul. 2020: Our paper "Robust Instability Analysis with Application to Neuronal Dynamics" by Shinji Hara, Tetsuya Iwasaki and Yutaka Hori is accepted for IEEE CDC2020. preprint.
- Jul. 2020: Our recent paper "Finite-Time Stability Analysis for Resource Limited Chemical Reactions" by Tomoki Matsunaga, Ryosuke Uemura and Yutaka Hori is accepted for the presentation in IEEE CDC2020.
- Jun. 2020: Our paper "Finite-Time Stability Analysis for Resource Limited Chemical Reactions" by Tomoki Matsunaga, Ryosuke Uemura and Yutaka Hori is accepted for publication in IEEE Control Systems Letters.
- May. 2020: Our paper "Modeling and Analysis of Stochastic Reaction Kinetics in Biomolecular Systems" by Yutaka Hori is published in New Generation Computing.
- Mar. 2020: Our paper "Robust Instability Analysis with Application to Neuronal Dynamics" by Shinji Hara, Tetsuya Iwasaki and Yutaka Hori is published on arXiv.org.
- Dec. 2019: Asuka Koshi presented "Droplet based characterization of temperature dependent kinetics of DNA circuits" (with Y. Hori) at Industry-UCB-UEC-keio Workshop 2019.
- Dec. 2019: Risako Morita presented "Parameter set identification for uncertainty quantification of muscle mechanical models" (with T. Uchiyama and Y. Hori) at Industry-UCB-UEC-keio Workshop 2019.
- Dec. 2019: Ayaka Wakamei presented "A microfluidic actuator for dynamic control of biomolecular reactions" (with Y. Hori) at Industry-UCB-UEC-keio Workshop 2019.
- Dec. 2019: Ryosuke Uemura presented "Outer approximation of solution sets for uncertain dynamic polynomial systems" (with Y. Hori) at Industry-UCB-UEC-keio Workshop 2019.
- Dec. 2019: Tatsuya Yamamoto presented "Gain Control of Genetic Circuits using Decoy Promoters" (with Y. Hori) at Industry-UCB-UEC-keio Workshop 2019.
- Dec. 2019: Daichi Imai presented "Position feedback control of micro particles using dielectrophoresis" (with S.H. Kim, A.J. Genot, Y. Monnai, T. Fujii and Y. Hori) at Industry-UCB-UEC-keio Workshop 2019.
- Dec. 2019: Yutaka Hori presented "Semidefinite programming for Turing instability analysis in molecular communication networks" by Y. Hori and H. Miyazako at IEEE Conference on Decision and Control.
- Oct. 2019: Taishi Kotsuka presented "Disturbance response analysis of cell-to-cell communication systems based on spatial frequency decomposition" by T. Kotsuka and Y. Hori at IFAC Conference on Foundations of Systems Biology in Engineering.
- Sep. 2019: Yutaka Hori gave a seminar talk at the Shonan meeting on formal methods for the synthesis of biomolecular circuits.
- Jul. 2019: Our paper "Robust stability analysis for LTI systems with generalized frequency variables and its application to gene regulatory networks" by S. Hara, T. Iwasaki and Y. Hori was accepted for publication in Automatica.