Feedback control and Biomolecular systems
Hori group's research interests are in feedback control theory, optimization and their application to synthetic biology. Our research works are particularly focused on streamlining the process of biocircuit synthesis from systems and control engineering perspectives. For this purpose, we combine tools in feedback control theory and mathematical optimization to develop system theoretic model identification, analysis and design methodologies. Our research also includes development of system-oriented experimental platforms such as combined computational and microfluidic devices that can supplement model prediction with theoretically meaningful data.
Keywords: feedback control, synthetic biology, DNA circuits, optimization, microfluidics
- Dec. 2019: Asuka Koshi presented "Droplet based characterization of temperature dependent kinetics of DNA circuits" (with Y. Hori) at Industry-UCB-UEC-keio Workshop 2019.
- Dec. 2019: Risako Morita presented "Parameter set identification for uncertainty quantification of muscle mechanical models" (with T. Uchiyama and Y. Hori) at Industry-UCB-UEC-keio Workshop 2019.
- Dec. 2019: Ayaka Wakamei presented "A microfluidic actuator for dynamic control of biomolecular reactions" (with Y. Hori) at Industry-UCB-UEC-keio Workshop 2019.
- Dec. 2019: Ryosuke Uemura presented "Outer approximation of solution sets for uncertain dynamic polynomial systems" (with Y. Hori) at Industry-UCB-UEC-keio Workshop 2019.
- Dec. 2019: Tatsuya Yamamoto presented "Gain Control of Genetic Circuits using Decoy Promoters" (with Y. Hori) at Industry-UCB-UEC-keio Workshop 2019.
- Dec. 2019: Daichi Imai presented "Position feedback control of micro particles using dielectrophoresis" (with S.H. Kim, A.J. Genot, Y. Monnai, T. Fujii and Y. Hori) at Industry-UCB-UEC-keio Workshop 2019.
- Dec. 2019: Yutaka Hori presented "Semidefinite programming for Turing instability analysis in molecular communication networks" by Y. Hori and H. Miyazako at IEEE Conference on Decision and Control.
- Oct. 2019: Taishi Kotsuka presented "Disturbance response analysis of cell-to-cell communication systems based on spatial frequency decomposition" by T. Kotsuka and Y. Hori at IFAC Conference on Foundations of Systems Biology in Engineering.
- Sep. 2019: Yutaka Hori gave a seminar talk at the Shonan meeting on formal methods for the synthesis of biomolecular circuits.
- Jul. 2019: Our paper "Robust stability analysis for LTI systems with generalized frequency variables and its application to gene regulatory networks" by S. Hara, T. Iwasaki and Y. Hori was accepted for publication in Automatica.
- Feb. 2019: Asuka Koshi presented "Temperature controlled droplet reactors for parallel tuning of DNA circuits" by A. Koshi and Y. Hori at the Winter q-bio conference.
- Jan. 2019: Our paper "Analysing diffusion and flow-driven instability using semidefinite programming" by Y. Hori and H. Miyazako was accepted for publication in Journal of the Royal Society Interface.